It's Winter time here in the states and surprisingly it's not very cold today! (At least where I'm at...) Though I am not at all looking forward to the freezing cold weather that is ahead... #ugh 🙄
We're going to have fun though with some simple baking today! With that said, here's a super cute recipe for you to make that is easy, fun, and delicious! This is called a Peppermint Panna Cotta Igloo that I made using Silikomart's Igloo silicone set. I found my set on Amazon if that helps! Have fun and enjoy!
2 tbsp. whole milk
1 ½ tsp. unflavored gelatin
16 oz. plus 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
½ cup sugar plus 2 tbsp.
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
Soft pink gel food coloring
Makes 6 igloos.
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the unflavored gelatin with the whole milk. Allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
2. While the gelatin is setting, heat the heavy whipping cream over the stove along with the sugar and combine until the sugar has dissolved. Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil- once you see heat coming from the pot and bubbles around the edges of the pan, remove from heat and add the vanilla and peppermint extract. The peppermint extract will be very fragrant which is why the recipe only calls for a little bit.
3. Microwave the gelatin on high power for 15-20 seconds until completely melted. Add tiny drops of food coloring until you have the desired color you’d like.
4. Carefully pour the mixture into a 2 ½ cup measuring cup and evenly distribute the cream into each well of the silicone mold. Very carefully place into freezer for 4-6 hours, or overnight until set.
5. Remove from silicone molds and place onto serving plate. Allow to thaw in fridge until the texture is ready to eat (the Panna Cotta will thaw relatively quickly).
6. Top with whipped cream, marshmallows, toasted marshmallows, marshmallow cream, and candy cane bits. Serve immediately and enjoy!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
*Disclaimer: May cause tastebud happiness! Additionally, my opinions are my own, of course! I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned within this post.