Updated: Jan 21
What a real TREAT you're in for with this brand new Colored in Flour recipe for Halloween:
This is a Pumpkin Cheesecake Entremet sprayed with black velvet cocoa butter decorated in white cotton candy and spider rings. (Spider rings are for decoration only, of course! They're totally cute and colorful aren't they?!)
You're going to LOVE this recipe! 🎃
To make this recipe, you will need:
1. A pastry professional silicone cake mold (mine is made by Silikomart)
2. Black Cocoa Butter Velvet Spray
3. Pastry piping bags with large round piping tip
4. White Cotton Candy
Always, always make sure that your items are gluten free, (if necessary for you like it is for me to be 100% gluten free). Don't ever assume something is gluten free, even if it's as simple as cotton candy and chocolate.
For the recipe itself, you will need:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Cream the cream cheese in a standard mixer or mixing bowl until smooth. Add the sugar, pumpkin purée, and vanilla extract and combine until creamy, smooth, and uniform in texture.
2. In a separate mixer or mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream just until stiff peaks begin to form, being mindful that you don't want a thick whipped cream consistency, you will want the texture to be soft and creamy, otherwise the cheesecake will be too thick to pipe through a pastry piping bag. Think of a very soft mousse texture!
3. Combine the whipped cream with the pumpkin cream cheese mixture and combine. Place into pastry piping bag with large round piping tip and evenly distribute into the silicone cake mold.
4. Place in freezer for 4-6 hours, or overnight until firm and set. Remove from freezer and very carefully remove the cheesecake from the silicone mold onto a plate.
5. Spray the outer edges of the cake with black cocoa butter velvet spray and decorate with cotton candy and spider rings. Serve and enjoy!
Each piece of cheesecake will be small yet very rich and satisfying in taste. Honestly, a bite is plenty for me! But, if you would like to double the recipe, you may do so! Just be mindful that you will need a larger silicone mold to accommodate all of the ingredients. It will taste like pumpkin perfection either way. Take a look below:
👻🎃🕷🍬🍭 ENJOY!! 👻🎃🕷🍬🍭
*Disclaimer: May cause tastebud happiness! Additionally, my opinions are my own, of course! I am not affiliated with any of the brand names mentioned in this post.